Music Class Lesson # 11 A & B K-4

Music Class Lesson # 11 A & B
K-4

I hope you all had a nice Memorial Day weekend!
Let me start by saying I MISS YOU!! 
I am looking forward to seeing you at school when 
 the situation has settled down, which it will!

Let's start this week's lesson with a big
Hello!!!
Listen, sing, and do the actions!




I hope you all had a nice Memorial Day weekend!


Let me start by saying I MISS YOU!! ðŸ’—
I am looking forward to seeing you at school when 
 the situation has settled down, which it will!

Lesson A


This week we will be looking at the mood of a piece of music. 
Has your mom ever said to you, " Did you get up on the wrong
side of the bed today?" or " Hey, you're in a good mood!" 
Have you ever got upset or angry at someone or something?  
I know I have.  
We all have moods or emotions.  Angry, Happy, sad, excited are just a few. 
 Can you name some more?   
We use emoji's to express how we are feeling in texts all the time! 
Like these: 
😀😪😲😡
Do you know what these emojis are expressing??
If you said Happy, sad, surprised, and mad, you are right!
Did you know that colors and music have emotions too?  
I know, weird right?! Let's start with a book by 
Dr. Suess that is all about colors that express emotions!
 Let's see if you can guess what colors match with the above emoji's!
Listen to this "Many Colored Days" by Dr. Suess and try to see what color matches each emoji above.

Did you figure it out?  Here are the answers.  

😀= Happy  and the colors are Pink and yellow

😪 = Sad and the colors are brown, purple, and grey.

😲= Surprised, and the colors are blue, orange, and red.

😡=Mad and the color was Black

What color day are you having today?   

Let's sing a song that definitely puts me in a happy mood, I feel all "sunny" inside when I sing and dance to it.  Play it and sing, dance, keep the beat somehow or on something as an instrument, have 
a family dance party!

 


Lesson B grades 1-4


Hello!  go back to the hello song and sing it again today!


Remember last time we were talking about moods or emotions.  Today we are going to listen to some music and decide which emoji best matches the music. You will need to listen for instruments, the tempo ( how fast it goes), the dynamics ( how loud or soft) the music is.  Does the music sound smooth or bumpy? ( contour) How did the music make you feel? (Mood/Emotion)

The next pieces will only match one fo the following emojis.  Listen to all of the songs, then decide which emoji matches the song, and why do you think that? Try to describe what happens in the music that made you pick your answer. Think about the elements of music that I mentioned above: Temp, Dynamics, Mood/Emotion, Instruments.

Here are your 3 choices:
😀😪😱 
Happy,     Sad &   Scary

  Twins play Boogie Woogie    A Pianist plays own song 
 An  organist plays Bach Tocatta and Fuge in Dm 

Answer these questions:
  1. Which piece of these three is your favorite?  
  2. Which one matches the mood you are in today?  
  3. Pick a song of your choice to tell me about that puts you in a good mood!
 I can't wait to hear about your choice when we get together again! Or you can email your choice to me!



Remember emotions come and emotions go, they don’t last forever.
Play some music to help you through it, or celebrate it! 
Listen to music that makes you smile.  😃

Mrs. Russell------Happy Music Making!












Comments

  1. Nice music lesson!!!!! Thanks. I miss school a lot. From Cameron Webb. In first grade.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Kid Flix 2019

"How Does Your Garden Grow" Songs

Dig it script